What is SkinPen?
SkinPen® by Bellus Medical is the only microneedling device in the world cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, clinically proven to safely and effectively treat facial acne scars for ages 22 and up. With as few as three non-invasive and affordable treatments spaced 30 days apart, you can improve your appearance for six months after your last treatment – and step out with confidence.
Results for Truly Healthy Skin
As we age and battle skin conditions, the natural architecture of our skin deteriorates, which leads to fine lines, wrinkles, large pores and uneven skin texture. Collagen induction therapy, also known as microneedling, is a great way to address these signs of aging at the cellular level. Microneedling comfortably creates thousands of micro-injuries in the skin to trigger the body’s natural wound healing process. This results in skin remodeling, including the formation for collagen and elastin—the two proteins predominantly responsible for the structure of the skin. The outcome is beautiful, youthful looking skin.
When it comes to combating the appearance of facial acne scars, microneedling is your new best friend. Ask for SkinPen® by name to get the impressive results demonstrated by clinical study and the safety of the only FDA-cleared device available.**
What can you expect from a SkinPen Treatment?
- A plan for optimal results. A course of procedures based on your individual goals may be recommended. Maintenance of your procedure might require multiple treatments.
- A comfortable procedure. Based on your needs, a topical numbing agent may be applied to the treatment area.
- A short procedure time. The treatment will likely take 30 minutes to one hour.
- A mild sensation. Most patients report feeling only the slight vibration ofSkinPen® during the procedure.
- Minimal post-procedure effects. The skin will appear slightly pink to redimmediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn. Additionally, the most common treatment responses experienced were dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness, itching, peeling, discomfort, tenderness, and burning. These conditions resolved over time without any further complications. Please see patient labeling for detailed safety information.
- Soothing aftercare. Skinfuse® LIFT may be provided. It is a clean, non-cytotoxic hydrogel used to prevent the skin from drying out post-treatment.
- An effective post-procedure protocol. An aftercare regimen may be recommended. Ask about Skinfuse, Bellus Medical’s 90-day protocol,specifically formulated to support your skin following microneedling.
There are Three Phases to the Wound Repair Process:
Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to createnew tissue.
Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is re-built with new granulation cells, as well as a temporary (type III) collagen and elastin, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
Phase III: Remodeling. The wound has been replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels. The type III collagen in the newly formed tissue is replaced with stronger type I collagen, which can contract to create a tightening or “shrinkwrap” effect on the skin.
* SkinPen® U.S. Intended Use: The SkinPen Precision System is a microneedling device and accessories intended to be used as a treatment to improve the appearance of facial acne scars in adults aged 22 years and older. Rx only. SkinPen® International Intended Use: SkinPen Precision is a microneedling device that utilizes collagen induction therapy to treat melasma, acne, and surgical scars.
** Data on file. Bellus Medical. 2017.
Call to book your appointment TODAY!